Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

I hope you all  had an amazing end to your year last night.  I sure did!  We spent a relaxing night at home with the kids.  My mother-in-law joined us for supper and later we watched a movie together.  It was the best New Year's Eve in a long time!  Something to be said about spending quality time with your loved ones! As we near the 2nd anniversary of my father-in-law's passing, we plan to make spending quality time together our priority in the new year. 

My FIL was an exceptional man.  The most kind, thoughtful and giving man.  We spend many moments together reminiscing about the wonderful times we spent with him.  Although we manage to smile and feel happy about these memories, it's been difficult for me to go through picture albums of him.  I haven't been able to scrapbook any picture of him, until now.  This makes me happy.  I know he'd be happy, too.

I'm sharing this layout with you today.  It's a picture of my FIL as I remember him best.  His beautiful smile would shine through any room and touch so many hearts.


This was the last Christmas we got to spend at home as a family before he got sick.  It has always been important for us to celebrate our joys together.


I've created a tag to journal some thoughts about him, us, our family.  I haven't been able to write it down yet, but it will come.


I was itching to use up some of my Jillibean Soup Placemats.  This triangle one was just perfect to cut up into a tree shape to use as a background.  So versatile, this placemat! And since I was in the spirit of Christmas, the Jillibean Soup Holly Berry Borscht collection was just perfect for this layout!  I was inspired by Nicole Nowosad's layout found in the current Winter Issue of Scrapbook & Cards Today Magazine.  


Thank you for stopping by.  I hope you find inspiration today to create with {heart}! 

Much love,

No comments:

Post a Comment